THE MANDATORY PROFILE OF THE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER
If talent is essential to a professional career, it is by no means enough. Our players will need to differentiate themselves from others by their mind-set.
Our requirements will be behaviour intelligence, cult of respect, patience, work and commitment to their professional status. We will improve all of these aspects by giving them access to the codes essential for success in the world of football.
First, let’s talk about our requirements :
- • Behaviour intelligence :
- the player should be able to adapt to a manager, a staff and his partners
- the player should know how to establish himself in a group and be accepted by it
- the player should always be receptive
- the player should accept being judged and criticized in order to improve and learn
- • Cult of respect :
- the player should respect his parents and family who will always be best placed to support him in his life and career
- the player should be proud of his name, the one his parents gave him and should always reflect the values inculcated in him by his parents
- the player should be able to respect and take pride in himself for what he is: a person responsible for his actions
- the player should avoid misdemeanours
- the player should respect the world he lives in, his club, his officials, his manager, his teammates and his jersey
- the player should respect his agents and advisers
- in fact, the player should have a sense of ethics
- Patience :
- anything happening too quickly seems very short
- in order to make the pleasure of having a career last, one should be able to be patient
- when in too much of a hurry, everything happens too quickly and goes away very quickly
- good things come to those who wait
- Work :
- one cannot assert himself in professional football only with talent, technique and natural class
- one cannot assert himself in professional football without work, without sweat
- work is essential for reaching closest to one’s maximum limits and skills
- Commitment to the professional status :
- what efforts and above all what sacrifices is the player ready to make?
- what pleasures is he ready to give up in order to have a healthy career?
- the player should avoid any thing or pleasure incompatible with a top level football career
- he should be committed to football by maintaining a healthy diet as well as essential sleep and rest times
- he should promote an exemplary image of himself by getting out of his life anything that may damage his career
In order to subsequently give him the codes essential to his success:
The world of football is nothing but a society and like in any other society, there are rules and customs, but there are also numerous players: federations, clubs, officials, managers, decision-makers, underlings.
One of our missions will be to make the player and his family understand the world they find themselves in. This will give the player the ability to meet his bosses’ expectations, appear on television to reflect the best image of himself and accept criticisms and judgments which are unavoidable in top-level football.
Based on the premise that a club, a manager and training are not enough, another of our missions will be to make him realize that being self-sufficient is essential and that work needs to be done outside of his club and the training provided there.
Thus, each player will be taken individually for technical, tactical and mental coaching.
Work on the field, with or without a ball, will take place during school holidays to enable the player to increase his capacities, reduce his weaknesses and maintain the fitness necessary to remain a first-team player in his team.
That management will allow him to master all his moves, leave the fewest possible things up to chance, withstand duels in the best way possible, best weigh his strengths in order to adapt them to the team’s capacities.
Individualized physical fitness and body building programmes will take place all year round.
These complementary works build confidence in oneself and in one’s football and enable the player to always maintain an optimum level of mental, technical and psychological toughness in order to be and remain in the manager’s starting eleven. They will enable him to avoid the cycles of ups and downs typical of young football players.
Thanks to a professional and experienced view of top-level football, we will be able, with each passing match that we watch, to help the player best position himself on the field and fully understand what his manager expects of him in order to be able to satisfy him while developing his tactical experience.
Thanks to continued psychological support, we will help the player:
- be able to accept the manager’s decisions
- strengthen himself psychologically in order to understand the manager’s words and criticisms and exploit them to his advantage
- be able to take criticism well in order to turn it into something positive
- not to give up, overcome hardships such as relegation to the sidelines or injuries
- have the mental capacity to be able to turn delicate and difficult situations to his advantage, both on and off the field
- and, above all, see to it that football remains a pleasure throughout the career. A football player plays better when he enjoys himself.